Food attractant of adults (specially females) for Bactrocera (Dacus) oleae. Diammonium phosphate, the main component of this attractant, is contained in a packet with breathable sides, thereby increasing the emission of the attractant. The main advantages are:
- Its high efficacy and selectivity, especially in the capture of females, which are the ones responsible for crop damage, as well as avoiding the capture of fauna beneficial to crops.
- Its high persistence, with an effective life of 180 days (6 months), which makes it possible to:
- a) cover the olive crop cycle perfectly.
- b) place the fly traps enough in advance before the fruit becomes more receptive to the fly. We recommend placing traps in field between late June and early July. With this, a lower population of pest is achieved when the fruit is most sensitive to olive fruit fly and the so frequent risk of failure in the control of pest due to late placing of the traps is reduced.
- c) Leave the fly traps on site during the following year, given that trapping will be reduced to approximately half.
- Its handling simplicity. Solid attractants are easier to handle than liquid ones. In addition, in this case, it is one single diffuser which is placed directly inside the trap.
Recommended for mass trapping and monitoring of the olive fly (Bactrocera (Dacus) oleae), and can be used with any of the following fly traps:
- MAXITRAP UV.
- Folding CONETRAP, with the advantage that it can be supplied with the attractant already inside (Bactrocera Conetrap Pack).
In both cases, it is necessary to place a packet of Bactrocera Conetrap Attractant in each fly trap. Additionally, it is necessary to use some kind of insecticide to eliminate the trapped flies, which could be the Probodelt insecticide cover or the DDVP insecticide tablet placed inside the fly traps.
The density of the traps for mass trapping is variable depending on the continuous surface area of the crop where the system is being employed.
- 2-10 ha…..35-50 traps/ha.
- 10-200 ha..20-35 traps/ha.
- >200 ha…..10-20 traps/ha.
In the case of any queries, contact the technicians at PROBODELT.
Can be supplied in two different formats:
- Boxes of 25 units.
- Single packages.